SA-1 / SDD-1 To Maskrom Snes Wiring help (Translation)

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
hidden0

SA-1 / SDD-1 To Maskrom Snes Wiring help (Translation)

Post by hidden0 »

Hello ,

I really tried searching internet only solution i can find was The Real Phoenix boards and they seems perfect and cheap for the job but problem is importin them and customs to my country is near to impossible for now.

I really want to convert my Street Fighter Alpha SFC copy to english and convert my Mario RPG as well.
Are there any sources or help i can get help may be manually wiring or pcb which i can get made from China since it's the only and easiest option for me.
tsop48

Re: SA-1 / SDD-1 To Maskrom Snes Wiring help (Translation)

Post by tsop48 »

Hello , the SA-1 and the SDD-1 use a rom like the flash psop44 mx29lv320 , mx29l3211 or mx26l6420 , the diference is that this flash works at 3,3v , the original rom work at 5v , you can solve this with a ams1117 at 3,3v and a 104 capacitor (0,1uF) .
You could buy the chip on buyicnow website and aks for the chip programming .
Better look the datasheet of this flash and compare with the SA-1 Rom , you need lift 3 pins of the flash before install , in most cases are pin 23 , 33 , and 1 and conect to 3,3v vcc.
Hope you understand , sorry for my english.
For mx26l6420 the rom must be mirrored ,because this a 8mb flash and the games you want are 4mb rom and the memory must be full.
hidden0

Re: SA-1 / SDD-1 To Maskrom Snes Wiring help (Translation)

Post by hidden0 »

Thanks for the reply , Where i live i cant order from buyicnow i do have a programmer top3000 but can't find any help on internet to get it to program mx29lxxx.

So i figured out a Adaptor with m27c322