Hi-Rom 64mb single rom

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
tsop48

Hi-Rom 64mb single rom

Post by tsop48 »

Hello there , im recently start making my own snes carts , i know that almost all snes carts use only 32mb rom max size ,and 48 mb rom into 2 roms , but the bus have pin for a22 , i try to make a umk3 hacked game that use 64mb , the game doesnt run with a single rom , is there a modification needed to run a game like this ? i try the same excercise in a aliexpress 128mb single rom board and it works ,but with an original board not.
tepples

Re: Hi-Rom 64mb single rom

Post by tepples »

LoROM: CPU to ROM connection skips CPU A15
HiROM and ExHiROM: CPU to ROM connection skips CPU A22

If you are making an ExHiROM (mode $25/$35) on one 8Mx8 flash chip, connect CPU A23 from the cart edge to PRG ROM A22. Keep in mind that the .sfc ROM format stores ExHiROM with the $C00000-$FFFFFF data first, so you'll probably need to reorder the data that you burn to the chip so that the first 4 MiB of the ROM file lands in the second 4 MiB of the chip.
tsop48

Re: Hi-Rom 64mb single rom

Post by tsop48 »

Thanks for the tip , it doesnt work with the umk3 hack , but with the tales of phantasia work flawless .