No column label in fullsnes I/O map

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
jeffythedragonslayer

No column label in fullsnes I/O map

Post by jeffythedragonslayer »

The fullsnes no$sns hardware specs document is excellent, but it does not have a name for the last column in the SNES I/O Map:

http://problemkaputt.de/fullsnes.htm#snesiomap

What would be a good name for that column?

I can see w2 means write-twice. I guess that the double question marks (?,?) have something to do with that.
I have no idea what "8xh" or "xFh" means, and I have no idea why there some hex values are surrounded in parens and some are not.
I suppose the / in the APU section has something to do with those ports being bidirectional.
creaothceann

Re: No column label in fullsnes I/O map

Post by creaothceann »

fullsnes wrote:Note: The right column shows the initial value on Reset, values in brackets are left unchanged upon Reset (but do contain the specified value upon initial Power-up).
My current setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → SCART → OSSC → StarTech USB3HDCAP → AmaRecTV 3.10
jeffythedragonslayer

Post by jeffythedragonslayer »

Thanks, I guess it helps to keep reading even when something doesn't make sense. :oops:
creaothceann

Post by creaothceann »

Yes, but that note also should've been at the top.
My current setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → SCART → OSSC → StarTech USB3HDCAP → AmaRecTV 3.10