Is there Sample Music for FamiTone2?

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

qbradq

Is there Sample Music for FamiTone2?

Post by qbradq »

I'm working on a prototype and would like to integrate FamiTone2. I want to make sure I get DPCM working correctly and make sure everything will fit within NROM. I'm no composer, and I don't want to ask for someone to compose something for the game until it's well out of the prototype stage.

I tried using the 2A03 demo tracks that come with FamiTracker, but they are not compatible with FamiTone2 for one reason or another (like missing volume envelopes). I don't know enough about FamiTracker to fix those issues.

I've been looking but I haven't found any freely available / unlicensed music I could throw in for the fit check. That's what I'm looking for. I may be so ignorant that I've already found some and didn't realize it.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
rainwarrior

Re: Is there Sample Music for FamiTone2?

Post by rainwarrior »

I dunno if you're looking at some abbreviated package of FamiTone2 but in Shiru's original version the src/demo folder has some FTMs and an example program to show the process of building and using them:

https://shiru.untergrund.net/files/src/famitone2.zip
qbradq

Re: Is there Sample Music for FamiTone2?

Post by qbradq »

Wow, I'm blind. Thanks for the pointer :)