The 16-bit War. . . .

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

iNCEPTIONAL

Re: The 16-bit War. . . .

Post by iNCEPTIONAL »

TrekkiesUnite118 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:54 am
iNCEPTIONAL wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:47 amI'm happy with that small achievement.
Dishonesty is an achievement to you?
No. Why, is it to you?
TrekkiesUnite118

Post by TrekkiesUnite118 »

iNCEPTIONAL wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:00 pm No. Why, is it to you?
I'm not the one calling an article built on dishonesty an achievement. That's you.
iNCEPTIONAL

Post by iNCEPTIONAL »

TrekkiesUnite118 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:06 pm
iNCEPTIONAL wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:00 pm No. Why, is it to you?
I'm not the one calling an article built on dishonesty an achievement. That's you.
There are in fact 6 FM channels on Genesis, as I have stated. So far, we have figures that show more Genesis games did not use the PSG channels than those that did, based on the only mass test that anyone has provided. If you have some evidence otherwise, I'd be happy to look at it, once you link me to it. So, you are the one calling an honest and accurate article, to the best of any of our current knowledge, something is isn't. I would equate that to you, at this point, being intentionally dishonest and indeed deliberately and unnecessarily confrontational, and ongoing in almost every single post you have made in this thread. But, hey, you're the person who's endlessly throwing out this stuff, not me. I'm just posting an article with accurate information that neither you nor anyone has shown to be otherwise based on the actual facts and evidence anyone has provided thus far, and having to deal with people like you as part of that experience. If you provide another official list that shows more games using the PSG than not, like I said, I will happily look at, and, as I said, if necessary, adjust some minor text. Until then, I have represented the facts as I have found them--you have not in your repeated unfounded accusations in here. So, as it stands, I'm happy with my article.
Last edited by iNCEPTIONAL on Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

I just look at the good Genesis games... The Sonic games and the Shining Force games made good use of the PSG channels, therefore the PSG channels are not something to ignore.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
iNCEPTIONAL

Post by iNCEPTIONAL »

Dwedit wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:29 pm I just look at the good Genesis games... The Sonic games and the Shining Force games made good use of the PSG channels, therefore the PSG channels are not something to ignore.
And that is why I did not ignore them and indeed specifically mentioned them in my article.
TrekkiesUnite118

Post by TrekkiesUnite118 »

iNCEPTIONAL wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:14 pm There are in fact 6 FM channels on Genesis, as I have stated.
And there are in fact, 4 PSG Channels on the Genesis and the 6th FM Channel can also be used as a DAC to do PCM audio. By ignoring that and not including them in your specs you are being dishonest.
iNCEPTIONAL

Post by iNCEPTIONAL »

TrekkiesUnite118 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:33 pm
iNCEPTIONAL wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:14 pm There are in fact 6 FM channels on Genesis, as I have stated.
And there are in fact, 4 PSG Channels on the Genesis and the 6th FM Channel can also be used as a DAC to do PCM audio. By ignoring that and not including them in your specs you are being dishonest.
Well, if you should ever decide to create your own article, you can include those particular details on your own tech specs list, and hopefully a whole bunch of other ones that are just as relevant to each console once you get down into the weeds. Should you ever do something like that, I'll be happy to check it out and provide some feedback. They're not necessary in that particular list in my article though, just like I didn't find it necessary to list the SNES' built-in Mode 7 full background rotation/scaling/sheering under the backgrounds details, or the two window/shape layers, or the finer granularity of the column scrolling, or the fact the SNES can use all 256 colours on a single layer in Mode 3, or the built-in mosaicing, or that the SNES can also support Dolby Surround sound as a standard audio capability, or include a whole bunch of other details specifically that could have been included for both consoles on that particular list, if that were the type of list I was trying to create, which it clearly wasn't. But, I did mention many additional details for both consoles throughout the content of article, covering a whole bunch of features, including the PSG allowing for extra audio channels. But, if you would personally do it differently, and if you can be bothered, you know what you can do.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

So even oblique mentions of the console war are borrowing trouble. That's enough misinformation.