Making Super Nintendo Burn In Test Cart Repro

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
paxtammy

Making Super Nintendo Burn In Test Cart Repro

Post by paxtammy »

Hi, I am doing SNES console repairs and I thought having this cart would be helpful. I am familair with making SNES reproductions, on custom PCB boards, not donors- I have the REV D rom, but its only 512kb and I am unable to pad the rom so i can fill it and fit unto a 1MB 27C801 eprom, when i open the file in wasabi, it gives an error - also using ucon64, it shows the checksum is bad, so when i try to repair with IpsAndSum, it is all zeros and cannot repair the checksum.

Anyone have experience making a repro of this cart that can chime in with some advice please?
Am I ok to skip the rom padding and skip the checksum fix? Will cart work?
Memblers
Site Admin

Re: Making Super Nintendo Burn In Test Cart Repro

Post by Memblers »

I looked up wasabi, and this review sounds like the same thing. It needs to be a size divisible by 1MB. They recommend using Lunar Expand on it first.

I wouldn't worry about the checksum. One would think a test cart might actually care about it, but if it passes on the emulator it should be the same on the SNES.
paxtammy

Post by paxtammy »

Memblers wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:03 pm I looked up wasabi, and this review sounds like the same thing. It needs to be a size divisible by 1MB. They recommend using Lunar Expand on it first.

I wouldn't worry about the checksum. One would think a test cart might actually care about it, but if it passes on the emulator it should be the same on the SNES.
thanks for that! I will try lunar expand on it first! And yes it does work ok on emulator
paxtammy

Post by paxtammy »

Memblers wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:03 pm I looked up wasabi, and this review sounds like the same thing. It needs to be a size divisible by 1MB. They recommend using Lunar Expand on it first.

So i did use Lunar Expand on it and now its 1024kb (8Mb)
However Wasabi tool will not load it, same error as before. I think it should be ok, I will test it. Since its going unto a 27c801, it shouldnt need padding anyways! Thanks for your comment and direction!!!!