SNES CX4 Cyclone 1 FPGA SD2SNES Rip

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Deltablade

SNES CX4 Cyclone 1 FPGA SD2SNES Rip

Post by Deltablade »

Hello everyone, as I see the FPGA projects on this page after I got a new pc I decided to do the project that was in my drawer which is to make the pirate tape of Megaman X3 and X2 from the special chip CX4 from Capcom the ip core was removed from the project SD2SNES from which in the source I took the verilog file to compile separately in another FPGA that is not Xilik Spartan 6 I managed to successfully compile the special chip SA1,GSU(FX),CX4 and SDD1 the problem of each one is: SDD1 only Changes Cyclone 3 and up supports TQFP 144 Pins the SA1 and GSU only bga chip that is above 400 pins which makes the project unfeasible due to the high cost easier to buy SD2SNES since the CX4 is the only special chip on the list that is more affordable since I got it compile on a Cyclone 1 EP1C3T144 TQFP with 144 pins which on aliexpress is in the range of 40 reais + 23 of freight that turns if you get more than 2 onwards now send JLC factory and buy USB Blaster and try to make it work still need to make some jumpers already that not every pin I got from figure that I will have to go through trial and error and if in the end it works, put the sale.

Used Altera Quatus 9 because it is the only one that supports Cyclone 1 the others that was a struggle I got the crack on the baidu website it was Quatus 13.0 Cyclone 2 up to V and QUATUS 13.1 SP which only supports Cyclone 3 onwards I have it here a crack of Quatus prime 18 but I'm not even going to install this pest lol it's already difficult to get a Cyclone 4 and 5 imagine Cyclone 10 I thought the program supported the othersImage

I'm from Brazil and my name is Arthur and I made PCB with the help of this post

viewtopic.php?t=10291