HELP edit FLAGS ISSD INTERNATIONAL SUPER STAR SOCCER DELUXE

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Gilberto9

HELP edit FLAGS ISSD INTERNATIONAL SUPER STAR SOCCER DELUXE

Post by Gilberto9 »

how to modify ISSD flags snes International super star soccer deluxe ?
Fiskbit

Re: HELP edit FLAGS ISSD INTERNATIONAL SUPER STAR SOCCER DELUXE

Post by Fiskbit »

Could you please provide more information? Are you asking about changing flag graphics?
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

:( Yes, I would like to know how to change the graphics of the flags, make new flags or shields for the game International super star soccer deluxe Snes I know that the tiles of the flags are compressed, but I don't know how to decompress them to edit them as I want and I also don't know how to compress them back into the rom help me
jeffythedragonslayer

Post by jeffythedragonslayer »

I would try asking on the https://www.romhacking.net/ forums.
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

I already asked in several forums but nobody wants to help me friend
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

The first thing I'd recommend trying for a question like this is using YY-CHR.net to open the ROM, and see if you can spot the graphics you want to change in there. If you're lucky, you might find them uncompressed and can edit them with YY-CHR.

However, in this particular game, after looking through it this was I didn't see any graphics tiles that look like flags, unfortunately. Maybe they are compressed. Maybe I just didn't spot them.

So, probably a little bit of a harder problem where it needs to be debugged and reverse engineered to figure out how the flags are compressed.

In addition to this, there's going to be some associated colour data with each flag. That again needs debugging and reverse engineering.

There's not really an easy answer I could give about the debugging part. There is no universal solution. It requires good knowledge of the SNES and programming, and enough time to figure it out.
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

thank you very much friend anyway, I will access this link that you sent, if you have new information, let me know, congratulations and thank you