We are looking for a musician for our finished game

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

shaoran

We are looking for a musician for our finished game

Post by shaoran »

Dear friends,
We are looking for a musician to collaborate with the COBOL soundtrack.
It is necessary that he can create themes compatible with NesMaker 4.1.5 since the game was created in this version.

The game is already finished, so the number of themes and fx needed are already defined.

If you are interested you can write to info@oniric-factor.com where we can talk more about it.
talk more about it.

I attach some screenshots of the game.
game_009.png
game_009.png (7.87 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
game_016.png
game_016.png (11.1 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
game_015.png
game_015.png (3.44 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
game_006.png
game_006.png (3.92 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Greetings.
za909

Re: We are looking for a musician for our finished game

Post by za909 »

Seems interesting, the one part that I need to have cleared up for me is how you intend to do a conversion if at all. Do you need Famitracker modules or text output and is there an automatic conversion method applied to those?

For reference, here is a playlist of the Nova the Squirrel soundtrack I made a few years ago.
Jedi QuestMaster

Post by Jedi QuestMaster »

I'm just chiming in to attest to za909's talent. Here are some samples of his work:

https://youtu.be/Oqd8LyIc8dA
https://youtu.be/KKSTsHi975o

I can't find any Nova the Squirrel playlists or videos without ads.

Edit: Didn't see that Nova the Squirrel link.
Last edited by Jedi QuestMaster on Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TakuikaNinja

Post by TakuikaNinja »

Oh, I've seen this on the NESmaker forums. NESmaker can import FamiTracker text exports to convert to GGSound's format but it's pretty buggy on 4.1.5. Using the standalone converter and importing the asm output directly is the recommended workflow. (There is a bug with how looping DPCM samples are encoded by the converter, however)

I've dabbled a bit with GGSound in the past. My most notable work would be Doodle World: https://youtu.be/9kdGw8aBPvg
However, I've improved quite a bit since then. None of my recent work has targeted GGSound (they're quite sample heavy to begin with) but I usually do my best to optimise the song data. I'm going to be away in around 2 weeks, so the work would have to be done before that.
Papercats

Post by Papercats »

TakuikaNinja wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:25 am Oh, I've seen this on the NESmaker forums. NESmaker can import FamiTracker text exports to convert to GGSound's format but it's pretty buggy on 4.1.5. Using the standalone converter and importing the asm output directly is the recommended workflow. (There is a bug with how looping DPCM samples are encoded by the converter, however)
oh have we moved on from nt2? forgive me. its been a while lol