zsnes graphics save state

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Gilberto9

zsnes graphics save state

Post by Gilberto9 »

does anyone know how to transfer an edited graphic from the save state zsnes to the snes rom?
Individualised

Re: zsnes graphics save state

Post by Individualised »

ZSNES is not a currently supported or recommended emulator. Are you using ZSNES for a specific reason or are you able to use other emulators?
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

If the graphics are not compressed, you can try copy-pasting using YY-CHR in SNES mode.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
creaothceann

Post by creaothceann »

You can load a savestate into vSNES and use its hex editor to write WRAM and/or VRAM to disk. You need to know offset (can be found with the memory viewer) and size though.
My current setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → SCART → OSSC → StarTech USB3HDCAP → AmaRecTV 3.10
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

:| the graphic is compressed my friend, I can only see it no. bsnes vram
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Need to expand the ROM, change the pointer it reads the data from, and replace the call to decompression with a simple memory copy. This requires ASM.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

the graphic I want to modify is where it says 1995 USA when the judge draws the coin in the game International super star soccer deluxe snes
Oziphantom

Post by Oziphantom »

check Rom Hacking Dot Net to see if there are compression tools for the game you want, then work out where the compressed data is stored, and then if your new data is same size or smaller you can just IPS patch it into the location, otherwise you will need to find a new empty spot big enough for it and place it there, then fix the pointer to it.
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

I don't know how to change pointers, the graphics are compressed, but in znes save state I can see it through the molester tile, I want to modify the graphic, but I don't know how to export it to rom
Oziphantom

Post by Oziphantom »

zsnes state is because you are looking at VRAM at the instance that the graphics are used, the SNES can't display compressed graphics so the games code will decompress them and then put them into VRAM. You can't just modify the graphics in the save state and put them back as they are. The game doesn't work that way. you might be able to add a small function that after the end of decompressing what you wants will copy the uncompressed tiles you need to VRAM to "patch over" the display. But this is not something that can be done without assembly knowledge. If there is a compressor and inserter made for your game then you might be able to do it without knowing any code or even the basics of hacking. But other than that you are going to have to read general tutorials and learn the basics.
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

I have the snes konami_C decompressor and konami_D compressor, but I don't know how to do the rest, I could have a video tutorial teaching how to do this, because I don't know where to insert it in the rom
Oziphantom

Post by Oziphantom »

such things predate Youtube, you typically get a HTML 2.0 page or txt doc in codepage 437 ;)

However this https://www.romhacking.net/documents/827/ is probably as close as you are going to get and I feel its probably really close, I've not read the file though.
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

Individualised wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:58 am ZSNES is not a currently supported or recommended emulator. Are you using ZSNES for a specific reason or are you able to use other emulators?
look ROM BASE:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ao_noO ... share_link IMAGEM EUA:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ELrkdK ... share_link
Gilberto9

Post by Gilberto9 »

Oziphantom wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 am such things predate Youtube, you typically get a HTML 2.0 page or txt doc in codepage 437 ;)

However this https://www.romhacking.net/documents/827/ is probably as close as you are going to get and I feel its probably really close, I've not read the file though.
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

I think the language barrier is making it difficult to help you, and NESdev is also more focused on research and development of new games, not ROM hacking. You may have more luck at romhacking.net with these kinds of projects. It might also help if you wrote in your native language, because there are a few Brazilians here and Google Translate is pretty good.

Also, please do not link to ROMs. You can tell us what game you are working on and can provide saved states, but we don't need the ROM.