Can't get my old famicom work

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Jarhmander
Formerly ~J-@D!~

Re: Can't get my old famicom work

Post by Jarhmander »

Venutech wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:40 pm You might be able to check with a multimeter without opening it, if you have one.
I'm guessing the outside of one of those video/audio outputs are connected to ground. Maybe you can determine the power input ground by seeing which side has continuity with the audio/video plugs.
Post a couple pics of the circuitboard if you don't have a multimeter.
Clever. Indeed, there's a very good chance that the outer contacts of A/V are connected together and to common ground, and to the appropriate side of the power plug. You could even check with the right controller pin.
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
ouso1999

Re: Can't get my old famicom work

Post by ouso1999 »

Finally It worked guys . I went to a technician shop where I had my famiclone checked by multimeter and made sure I must use a negative polar adaptor then I went to the same shop where I used to buy my famiclone stuff 24 years ago to buy an RF cable and kept tunning my smart TV until I reached the screen

Thank God .
Thank yiu guys
Like a sunset
Dying with the rising of the moon
Gone too soon

I missed u dad