Fceux ld65 debug symbols file loader

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

thor2016

Fceux ld65 debug symbols file loader

Post by thor2016 »

Hello, I recently added a new feature to fceux that allows for importing debug symbols directly from ld65 debug (.dbg) files. Fceux will still load/save .nl files just as it always did, but this feature gives the option to import an ld65 dbg file. The way I have it currently coded it will clear the current symbol table before importing, so be sure to save your nl files in a different folder if you don't want them to get written over (the GUI will warn you it is about to do this). Currently I only have the GUI hooks in the Qt version but I would like to hear feedback on the feature and if it works as most would expect. To import ld65 file symbols into the debugger, use the debugger window menu bar. Go to File -> Import ld65 dbg file, then select the file via the file browser dialog popup. I appreciate any feedback I can get.