FamiNES Archive [v.4.0]

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

FamiNES

FamiNES Archive [v.4.0]

Post by FamiNES »

This is a project i've been working on for a while now that has changed from a simple nes roms list into an alternative to RomsCenter. After experiencing many bugs in RomCenter and seeing that it is no longer being updated I decided to add independent header and file hashing to this workbook. The end goal of this project is to have completely independent and accurate nes and related rom hashing. I just wanted to put this out there to see if I can get some feedback. Assets folder needs to go into same folder as the excel sheet to function properly.

[v.4.0]
Total Roms = 43,807 (42,890 .nes, 917 .fds)
All functions are beta and should only be used on backed-up roms

Independent rom hashing
-No more need for outside sources to hash roms
-Simple drag and drop rom hashing has been added
-All rom Header, SHA1, MD5, and CRC32 hashes are matched against the database
-Matching rom hashes will be displayed next to rom information with an option to view other roms with matching CRC32s

Folder Hashing
-Hash an entire roms folder by matching file MD5s
-Test folder containing about 40,000 roms took 28 minutes (Significantly faster and more accurate than RomCenter)
-Roms will display green for exact MD5 and name entries, yellow for matching MD5 entries but mismatched names,
white for roms that are not yet in the database, and blue for duplicates in current folder
-Filter results by match type
-Option to rename all roms to FamiNES naming convention (Testing 6,000 renames took about 6 mins)
-Option to delete all duplicate or bad name roms in folder
-Generate a Have/Miss list of database matches (Testing 40,000 files took about 3 mins)

Rom Viewer
-View all known information about selected rom including screenshots
-Still a lot of information to be filled in about each rom (First will be screenshots)
-Check !Click for a better preview with screenshot

Things to do
-Optimize functions for faster performance
-FolderCheck filters have a bug not updating list properly
-Add filters for RomsList
-Rename and tag all zzzz[Untagged]zzzz roms
-Add homepage
-Still lots of roms to check and add
-Using check rom, match rom by md5 first to show exact match as first selection
-Get rom screenshots and information
-Check release dates for FamicomBox, later revisions, Playchoice, and Vs. system roms
-Add support for all other formats (.unif, .bin, .wxn, ect.)
-Add Unheadered list

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... share_link
Mcin

Re: FamiNES Archive [v.4.0]

Post by Mcin »

The link says 404...

anyone has a backup or contact with the author? I crave for download...
TheBoxGamePL

Post by TheBoxGamePL »

give me link dowland this roms pack FamiNES Archive [v.4.0]
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

I believe this is a ROM hashing tool, not a ROM pack. Note that this site also isn't for ROM requests or distribution.

Assuming this is a hashing tool, it would be great to have an updated link for it. If you attach it directly to your post, it'll be available here permanently.