Happy Birthday dear Fami...

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Hamtaro126

Post by Hamtaro126 »

Advice: If you ever hack Startropics 1 and 2, It has very hard level compression. I know because a few members of Romhacking.Net said that to a few people
CKY-2K/Clay Man

Post by CKY-2K/Clay Man »

Hamtaro126 wrote:Advice: If you ever hack Startropics 1 and 2, It has very hard level compression. I know because a few members of Romhacking.Net said that to a few people
That's a shame. I always looked forward to StarTropics hacks.

But this is no hack. It's a Game Maker game, and it's really good.
Here to at least get an idea of how the NES works. I mean I know alot of the basic things, but this place'll help me grasp more how NES functions.
Major respect to NES developers.
LoneKiltedNinja

Post by LoneKiltedNinja »

Sorry to bump the thread, but it seems I (and for the moment this thread) have been YouTubed, and the particular ROM-emulator combination used is glitching out on the ending DMC sample. While I do currently blame the emulator, I have added a quick tweak that should prevent the loop regardless. The new ROM is at the old source.
Psych Software- failing to profit from retro/indie development since before it was cool
http://www.psychsoftware.org
rainwarrior

Re: Happy Birthday dear Fami...

Post by rainwarrior »

Was having a hard time finding this ROM, as the old links are dead. There was another link to the file on NESDev but the file is missing.

After a bunch of digging (and a bunch more dead links) I found this "GrayBox.nes" in a torrent called "Unlicensed games", so I'm posting it here for posterity.

Edit: I discovered the original author has a website and it's currently available there: https://www.psychsoftware.org/digital.html
Attachments
GrayBox.nes
(40.02 KiB) Downloaded 32 times