Change my username?

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

Ben Boldt

Re: Change my username?

Post by Ben Boldt »

tepples wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:22 am I'm considering changing my NESdev username to consolidate my online identity.

The name 'tepples' was generated randomly in 2002 with the aid of a Scheme program when I wanted to leave behind a confusing username that my college had generated for me. But I have since learned that Dutch speakers see it and giggle at the resemblance to their word for what mammals have but boobies and tits don't. It'd be like a mom naming her daughter Areola, thinking it's a variant of Ariel. Nor do I vant to suck your anything. Ruling out clanging to a brand of toys that inspired one of my fictional races is another part of it. So is putting the Bumpity-whatever incident and LOCKJAW Tetromino Game behind me.

Lately when I've signed up for other sites, I've been using either my birth name or some variant on "Pino". More to come.

[ Previous ]
Wow, I never knew you are the same person as PinoBatch. You should use your legless avatar here. (sorry for the 5 year bump, didn't realize that either...)
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

His humor style is very specific and should have give you a hint. With years of experience on nesdev it's easy recognize it :lol:
Ben Boldt

Post by Ben Boldt »

It is strange, I take tepples pretty serious and PinoBatch as a goofy clown, but of course both very knowledgeable. NEVER I guessed that was the same person. I guess I rely too much on visual cues.
tepples

Post by tepples »

My first guess is that I come off as serious in an asynchronous medium, such as forums and issue trackers, and as goofy in a synchronous medium, such as IRC or Discord. (For what these mean, see "Why Slack is inappropriate for open source communications" by Dave Cheney.)
coto

Post by coto »

tepples wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:25 pm My first guess is that I come off as serious in an asynchronous medium, such as forums and issue trackers, and as goofy in a synchronous medium, such as IRC or Discord. (For what these mean, see "Why Slack is inappropriate for open source communications" by Dave Cheney.)
yeah, same, lol.
niconii

Post by niconii »

Could someone change my name to niconii to avoid potential confusion with Nicole Express?
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

Done.
ailI

Post by ailI »

Would someone please change my username to ailI?
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

I've made the change.
Chipsum

Post by Chipsum »

If possible, could you please change my username to Chipsum.