In case of confusion, this is my new nick

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

GradualGames

In case of confusion, this is my new nick

Post by GradualGames »

I doubt anybody really cares but in case anyone's confused, I was ZomCoder, then Zero, now Gradualore. I have no intention of changing the name again.

Regards,
-Gradualore :D
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Yeah, this is confusing. I can understand one name change, but two in such a short period just shows how indecisive you are. :roll:
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

I suffer from having rather intense manias about various things; the original mania being that I wanted to eradicate "ZomCoder" from existence; perhaps I was too eager to do so. No more changes...I promise :D
peppers

Post by peppers »

Yeah I'm glad I happened to get take out so I could end up with peppers.

I added the s to the end myself because I'm creative.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

I haven't changed my username since 1998.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
ugetab

Post by ugetab »

I prefer to be obscure due to having done nothing, rather than due to having an identity crisis, but that's merely personal preference.

I have no clue what you've contributed, and I'm very much too lazy to go look it up at the moment.

Enjoy your new name.
NSFs I've ripped:
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/

A Searchable list of NSFs from other sites. In Internet Explorer, go to Edit>Find (on This Page)...
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab/NSFList.txt
Jedi QuestMaster

Post by Jedi QuestMaster »

Im not. :P

First page Google Search:
http://stackoverflow.com/users/107891/zomcoder

I've stuck with my name ever since AIM accepted it. I've recently been using my real name more often now. :?
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

What a coincidence. Someone else out there had the same name!
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

ZomCoder was a nice name. Zero was too generic/common and I don't know what to think of Gradualore. I was afraid to compliment your first username though, thinking that you might suddenly decide to change back to it! XD
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

It's all just silliness anyway. Nobody knows who I am =). My new name reflects my philosophy for getting projects done: gradually (inspired by Ivan Pavlov). Plus it sounds like some kind of wizard, which is my avatar.
qeed

Post by qeed »

Nice, I was thinking of changing my nick too when my name started appearing in urbandictionary and such. Too bad I've use this name for so long it kind of became my identity online.
tepples

Post by tepples »

I randomly generated my nick in 2002 using a Scheme program when I was looking for a way to put "yerricde" (the nick that my college assigned me) behind me.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

How could you randomly generate it without it sounding like fifqh042hoh ?

And it sounds like actual Dracula's name, Vlad Teppes (at one letter of difference) which of course suits you well :p
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
tepples

how do i made nick

Post by tepples »

Bregalad wrote:How could you randomly generate it without it sounding like fifqh042hoh ?
The fiction on my user page on Uncyclopedia has more than a little truth to it.
  1. Learn a programming language. I had recently learned Scheme for a college course, and my brain was busy reorganizing itself to think in terms of composing functions rather than the explicit iteration of C. (It paid off when I later learned Python generator expressions and SQL, which act functionally.)
  2. Learn about conlangs.
  3. Find a set of names. I chose as my model a set of character names from a web site about children's music.
  4. Create a formal grammar incorporating phonotactic rules that fit that set of names. Some of the production rules will resemble "choose a consonant from column A and a vowel from column B." (I'm in the mood to help you dude...)
  5. Translate those rules into a programming language.
  6. Run the program a few times and pick one of the results.
Incidentally, another name that the same program could have spit out was BumpityBoo.

Me? I've never been to Cisylvania let alone Transylvania, and I get too much sun to be a vampire.
tokumaru

Re: how do i made nick

Post by tokumaru »

tepples wrote:I get too much sun to be a vampire.
Like you never heard of the new cool vampires from Twilight, who simply glow in the sun... :shock:

Anyway, I just picked my username from a disliked and not well known anime character (which meant not many people would be using the name).