In case of confusion, this is my new nick

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

Re: how do i made nick

Post by tokumaru »

tepples wrote:BumpityBoo
WTF was that?!?! :shock:
tepples

Post by tepples »

tokumaru wrote:
Left: Pure, unadulterated Asperger syndrome at the start of adolescence.
Right: Another case of Asperger syndrome after years of rehabilitation.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

I don't think I ever met anyone with Asperger syndrome before. I've read about it, but I can't really understand it. It does look like you are mocking the kid though, with the hats and all.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

About nicks, when I was a kid, I was trying to find a nickname for my character in Wings commander (we had a 286 at the time and it was slow but that's another story ;)). I didn't know much english and wanted one fast so I ended up with Darkness. That's was not very original but I stayed a few years with it on BBS (you know, the one with modems and 2400 baud things). I stopped using it after a while, maybe after college.

When I decided to make an account on nesdev, I didn't know what to use. Since I knew english a lot more then when I was a kid, I knew that I shouldn't use my previous one since it was too generic. I wanted something different that nobody use. So I took one Japanese word and checked about it. Nobody seems to use so this is how I ended up with mine. The kanji for the word are 晩酌. For the ones that don't want to make the effort to check in the dictionary, the first kanji is for evening, the second one is the sound of pouring alcohol or pouring someone alcohol which mean "Evening drink" ;)
Jarhmander
Formerly ~J-@D!~

Post by Jarhmander »

I have two nicks: ~J-@Ð!~ and Jarhmander (and even Jarhmnder on #nesdev because it's too long)
The first one is from my unusual first name James-Adam, and the second one originated when some of my friend playeds with my initials... That's why it sounds like a pokémon.

EDIT: tepples, I would be happy to look at your name generator. :)
Last edited by Jarhmander on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

Banshaku wrote:we had a 286 at the time and it was slow but that's another story ;)
I was about as uncreative as it gets. I was Gandalf all the way through the 300baud CompuServe days on C=64, and the 1200/2400 then blazing fast 14,400 C= Amiga days.

Those were the days...I was obsessed with Psygnosis' logo and made a perty darn cool Gandalf logo themed the same way. I really should dig that back up...might make a cool avatar.

I guess my uncreativity continues...my usual nicks are my name with _'s or...in this case...the name of my never-to-be-finished-but-forever-to-be-worked-on tool.
peppers

Post by peppers »

tepples wrote:
tokumaru wrote:
Left: Pure, unadulterated Asperger syndrome at the start of adolescence.
Right: Another case of Asperger syndrome after years of rehabilitation.
You know tepples, its quite possible that this kid is not actually that much of a little gay wad in real life and he is just putting on an act. Perhaps queery little kid is just a role he plays.
tepples

Sex Ed, sex Edd, sex Eddy

Post by tepples »

Others had suggested that J. Fred Wilson was faking it like a more famous Fred, but I wasn't sure until BumpityBoo's vlog #36 about misinterpreting the sexualized lyrics of this decade's popular music.

That said, I completed two of the phonotactic models in this Scheme program. They return a linked list of phonemes. (I now prefer Python.)
tokumaru

Re: Sex Ed, sex Edd, sex Eddy

Post by tokumaru »

tepples wrote:BumpityBoo's vlog #36
What happened to him? Did he suddenly become asian? He's acting and talking completely different. The first few vlogs were pretty believable, but this sudden change makes me believe he got too carried away with the acting.
UncleSporky

Post by UncleSporky »

That only convinces me further that it may be an act.

If his mother trying to listen to NPR and accidentally turned on some Lady Gaga, wouldn't you expect her to just change the station rather than listening to the whole thing including the station call, artist and song title? I would surmise that his mother would be especially protective and do her best to keep her son from being exposed to sexual lyrics such as those.

Watching the first compared to more recent ones, he has certainly played up his vocalization and enunciation as time has gone on. To me that shows knowledge that he is annoying/bothering other people and he wants to push it further.

It does seem possible that he might be diagnosed with something like Aspergers, though. I would agree with the theory that he has an older, meaner sibling who is forcing him to read these scripts.
tepples

Post by tepples »

BumpityBoo hasn't posted in over a year. He stopped after his voice had changed.

But back to topic: Perhaps a name change that's more "gradual" might be acceptable.
GradualGames (formerly Gradualore) wrote:Both Gradualore and Gradual Games refer to my self-affirming the concept of "gradualness" in hobby game development. GradualGames is similar enough to the old name that it should be recognizeable. Plus, I want more people to associate Nomolos with the name Gradual Games, so there is less confusion. I'm trying to consolidate my name to GradualGames permanently.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Wow, 3 name changes... this has got to be a record around here! =)
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

tokumaru wrote:Wow, 3 name changes... this has got to be a record around here! =)
Sorry...couldn't resist:

"From now on, I want you all to call me...Loretta!"
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

I don't know where that comes from, but it reminded me of this:

"From this day forward, you will all refer to me by the name... Betty!" (Master Pain)

EDIT: Oh, I remember the Loretta quote now! =)
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

tokumaru wrote:I don't know where that comes from, but it reminded me of this:

"From this day forward, you will all refer to me by the name... Betty!" (Master Pain)

EDIT: Oh, I remember the Loretta quote now! =)
Bruce?