Streemerz bundle

Moderator: Moderators

infiniteneslives

Re: Streemerz bundle

Post by infiniteneslives »

thefox wrote:On another note, if you have the PayPal payment option open for non-contributing customers without a big warning on the page, I expect some people are going to try to order it regardless, and you might incur some fees for having to return their money... that said I'm not too familiar of how it goes with PayPal.
Yeah while the option is there, there isn't any quantity available if one was to attempt to checkout with them. So no risk/issue right now. Only the ~15 are allowed to be sold as contributors. So if someone decides not to follow the rules things can't get too far out of hand. Canceling paypal transactions also reverses the fees, so I'm covered there.

I'm also aware that there are a few groups/pairs of contributors that are in nearby enough demographics to where separate/double shipping may not be necessary. For those of you to whom this may apply you can save on shipping and checkout with two carts, just put both names/games in the text field and I'll ensure all goes as planned. This rule will not apply for general public sales, be ready to explain yourself if I see activity suspicious of multiple purchases by the same party. Offenders will get no carts assuming all copies sell out rapidly. Additionally, anyone caught reselling copies at high markup on ebay will be banned for future sales/releases/volumes. Don't mean to be a jerk, just trying to keep things as fair as possible and keep us from getting taken advantage of.
If you're gonna play the Game Boy, you gotta learn to play it right. -Kenny Rogers
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

Is the homebrew cart market that cut-throat? I have to admit this is something I know nothing about.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Here's source code for anything that's GPL, any game that shares a bank with something that's GPL, and any other game that I had to recompile to fit into the menu structure. That means Concentration Room, LAN Master, Lawn Mower, Munchie Attack, NES15, Russian Roulette, and Thwaite. (Source code is available for Zap Ruder, Zooming Secretary, and the menu, but those didn't need to be modified so they're not included.)
For those of you to whom this may apply you can save on shipping and checkout with two carts, just put both names/games in the text field
Unfortunately, I already checked out. What should I do to change my order so that I can get the cart for my cousin who made another game in the collection?
Attachments
a53_vol1_src.zip
(545.78 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
infiniteneslives

qbradq wrote:Is the homebrew cart market that cut-throat? I have to admit this is something I know nothing about.
I've seen some pretty crazy things happen on ebay with 'rare/limited' NES items. I'm hoping we won't have issues, but I figured best to forewarn people to attempt to discourage any one with a scheme to make a few bucks off us.
tepples wrote:
For those of you to whom this may apply you can save on shipping and checkout with two carts, just put both names/games in the text field
Unfortunately, I already checked out. What should I do to change my order so that I can get the cart for my cousin who made another game in the collection?
No worries, I can provide a partial refund to combine the shipping. I'll PM you to discuss the details.

If for any reason someone has issues in the heat of the moment with shipping charges or any errors on the pricing, try not to be too concerned. Just get/checkout with the cart if you can and contact me about getting a partial refund. It's a simple process from my end so don't be too concerned if the problem is resolvable by me sending a partial refund. Once the carts are gone though, they're gone. So if you try to contact me before checking out it may be too late by the time I'm able to respond. We have the nice option of testing out the waters with the smaller group of contributors sales, so hopefully there won't be any hiccups come full release time.

EDIT: One after thought I had, if any contributors would like a link from my listing to their website, or change the name listed to their handle or something just send me a PM with what you'd like on your line and I'll make it happen.
If you're gonna play the Game Boy, you gotta learn to play it right. -Kenny Rogers
infiniteneslives

Things going well so far it seems, I cleaned things up a bit on my site and gave the cart it's own page.

I haven't found any NA posts about this. So unless someone corrects me soon, I'll probably start a new thread over there to advertise what's going on. I want to make sure contributors catch wind of what's going on so they can get their resevered copy before it goes up for grabs, well under half of the contributors have purchased thus far. I'm not sure how many were actually planning on getting one though.
MESHUGGAH

Post by MESHUGGAH »

Hi guys. You probably don't know me, but I used to make tool assisted speedruns on tasvideos under the same username. I've already made a STREEMERZ "Superb Joe" TAS and a Driar TAS.

The reason I write isn't to promote my TASes (so if I break any rules, please remove the links) but to say good job for porting STREEMERZ to NES and the developers of the games on this bundle (and everyone else who made this project become a thing)!

I hope you will make more homebrews in the future when you are done with this project =)
thefox

Post by thefox »

infiniteneslives wrote:I haven't found any NA posts about this. So unless someone corrects me soon, I'll probably start a new thread over there to advertise what's going on. I want to make sure contributors catch wind of what's going on so they can get their resevered copy before it goes up for grabs, well under half of the contributors have purchased thus far. I'm not sure how many were actually planning on getting one though.
Yeah you should make a thread there (preferably soon, given that the general public sales are only a couple of days away).

Also you could add a little bit to the description to let people know the the profits will be used to fund future NESDev compos.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

And pay the previous comp winners :D
infiniteneslives

Yeah that's a good point. I'll get that updated this evening and start a thread on NA too. I'm considering keeping the contributor's carts resevered for the first week. There will most likely be more buzz about the release immediately afterwards which might be too late for all the contributors to catch wind. I've been meaning to send PMs to all involved but haven't gotten around to it... If there are any contributor carts left over after a week I could then list em to general public.
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

Have these carts been tested on clone systems like the Yobo? I don't care if the duty cycles are off, as long as they are playable.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

What do you have against official Nintendo consoles? I mean, clones are nice and all, but when you plan on making serious development you should own at least one original console.
tepples

Post by tepples »

tokumaru wrote:What do you have against official Nintendo consoles?
Import duties can be costly in some countries.

And Thwaite is on this multicart. It's easier to plug the mouse that came with Mario Paint into a combination NES/Super NES clone console than to solder together an adapter out of extension cables as INL did. Does a mouse or trackball with the NES 7-pin connector even exist?

If a large fraction of users will be using clones, developers who want to target those users need to test on clones. Thwaite, for example, has specific support for Dendy-style clones, on which it is supposed to PAL-correct the music tempo and game speed but not music or sound effect pitch. Unfortunately, it's only been tested in emulators because I haven't had a chance to test it on an actual Dendy.
infiniteneslives

NA thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messag ... did=106534

Added verbage to my site:
Proceeds from sales will be used to payout prizes for the coding competition. Remaining profits will be put forward to other community approved projects including immediate payment of prizes for next competition, future Action53 releases, or other items to support the homebrew community as a whole. Thanks for your SUPPORT!!!
I'll test it out on my handheld clone. I expect it will work though, as I've already tested the same hardware with more complex mappers. This is effectively a discrete mapper as far as a clone is concerned.
Last edited by infiniteneslives on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

I'm excited to see this up for sale! Looks really good :)

Bought and paid for.
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

I've got my cash ready, just waiting for the 6th :D

I don't have anything against original hardware. The US top-loader re-release is by far my favorite system. But it's very expensive to purchase one compared to a clone. So when I had the option to buy an XBox 360 and a Yobo or just a top-loader, I chose the first option.

Looking back on it, the top-loader may have been the smarter investment. I sold the XBox 360 about six months after I bought it, but I still play the Yobo ;)